Friday, April 2, 2010

Australian pride!

I was reading my kindle on the train the other day when a nice Aussie man asked me how I liked my kindle. I was really excited to answer since I love my kindle! I started rambling off all the great things: automatic downloads of magazine subscriptions, light weight ... OH and the best part - the low cost book downloads, especially since books are expensive in Australia! It was at this moment that he took the opportunity to tell me the exchange rate. "You know the AUD and USD are 1:1 now?". That was the first of many conversations that I have had on the AUD/USD FX rate. Even when you aren't on the subject of money, Aussies love to bring this up. "The weather is great today". "Oh did you know that the AUD and the USD are about 1:1 now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment